Pressure washing your home is important in order to keep it looking clean and presentable. There are many parts to consider when pressure washing, fence, sidings, deck and more. Depending on the certain material will determine if it can be pressure washed or not. Consult with your fence contractors Tampa fl to see if your good to go. It is also rather easy to do and, if done properly, is safe and has a low risk of property damage. The following is a list of tips to help you pressure wash your home safely and effectively.
- Before beginning, be sure to move all patio furniture, decorations, yard toys, and other items that could be damaged by high pressure water. You also want to remove any tripping hazards.
- Cover nearby plants to avoid damaging them.
- Be sure to use detergent as it makes the job easier. This is especially true if you are trying to remove mildew.
- Consider a brush attachment to help remove dirt and grime.
- Consider an extension wand, especially if you have a two-story home.
- Make sure to select the nozzle best suited for the job.
- Make sure to use eye protection.
- Do not use a ladder, the pressure from the water could push you off your ladder.
- Repair any damage to your home before pressure washing to avoid making it worse.
- Do not use a pressure washer as a paint removal tool as it will also damage wood and mortar.
- Be cognizant of any power lines.
- Turn off the power to all outdoor electrical outlets because, as we all know, water and electricity do not mix.
- If you have lead paint or asbestos, be sure to take any appropriate precautions and check your local building code to see what you need to do.
- Cover, close, or avoid any vents, open windows, or other openings because you do not want to get water into your home.
- Pressure wash your home’s exterior at least every two years.
- Follow all other instructions and procedures in the owner’s manual for your pressure washer, they are in there for a reason.
In conclusion, it is important to pressure wash your home. If you follow the preceding tips and advice, you should be able to easily, safely, and efficiently accomplish this task yourself!